Comfortable win for Tyldesley Colts

Tyldesley Senior Colts 54,

Colne and Nelson 7

After two weeks without a game Tyldesley ran out comfortable winners against a spirited team who never gave up.

Lloyd crossed for the first try after a neat one-two with Unsworth from the back of the scrum paid off, with him cutting through the defence in the eighth minute.

More strong play had Unsworth burst through and cross seven minutes later after good team handling that also played a part in Jackson’s try in the 18th minute, who finished well.

Tyldesley crossed again four minutes later after, good pressure from Coyne, Rushton, Donegan, saw Colne clear their line with a good defensive kick that was fielded well by Wallwork deep in his own half who then ran the ball back beating five or six players on the way to the line, for a fantastic individual try.

Colne dominated the next 10 minutes or so culminating in a good converted try. Ball converted three of Tyldesley’s four first half tries.

Half time: 26-7.

Bongs totally dominated the second half, and crossed for four more tries, although the opposition made them work hard for all.

Jackson crossed for his second after Ball showed good awareness with a quickly taken penalty in the 39th minute.

Nine minutes later, another quickly tapped penalty, again by Ball had Guest touch down, after a good strong and straight run enabled him to beat a few defenders.

A nice sweeping move via the backs after strong forward play from Prendergast, Chahboune, Gillbanks, Weaver had Tyldesley’s seventh try, as Monks came into the line well, then pass to Lloyd who touched down for his second of the day in the 51st minute.

Wallwork recorded his second try and wrapped up the scoring after more good hands from Guest, Unsworth, Donegan, created space, Ball converted all four tries.

Tries: Lloyd 2, Jackson 2, Wallwork 2, Unsworth, Guest

Conversion: Ball 7

Top Tackler: backs - Lloyd/Unsworth: forwards - Weaver

MoM: backs - Wallwork; forwards - Coyne