By-election must be called

Share this article

I HAVE recently heard that the independent councillor in Hindley Green, Frank Carmichael, has now decided to join the swollen ranks of Labour councillors in Wigan.

If this is true he should do the honourable thing and resign and offer himself to the electorate that voted him in as an independent, the same electorate that now find themselves saddled with a councillor whose policies they didn’t vote for.

The ruling Labour party in Wigan should test out if their policies are in a majority in Hindley Green by calling a by election in the ward, thereby giving the voters in that ward a chance to express their views on who should represent them in Hindley Green.

B Acton