Two people escape from house fire

Three fire engines attended
Three fire engines attended
Share this article

A woman was taken to hospital after a blaze broke out in a kitchen.

Firefighters from Atherton, Hindley and Leigh were called to Rainbow Drive in Atherton at 1.45pm on Sunday when the fire started in a microwave.

Other news: Arson investigation launched after huge blaze at Wigan timber yard

Two adults got out of the house before crews arrived, but one of them needed hospital treatment for smoke inhalation.

There was smoke damage throughout the house.