Oven fire burnt out

Share this article

FIREFIGHTERS were summoned after a plastic container of food in an oven caught fire on Saturday morning.

Two fire engines from Leigh were called to Elmridge Court, on Edgerton Road in Lowton, at around 11am.

A firefighter wearing breathing apparatus initially entered the property as the crews could not be certain where the fire was, but on investigation the blaze in the kitchen had burnt out by the time the fire brigade arrived.

The fire crews ventilated the property and gave some advice on fire protection and using a smoke alarm.