Man taken to hospital after pan fire

Jaffrey Street, Leigh (Google Maps)
Jaffrey Street, Leigh (Google Maps)
Share this article

A MAN was taken to hospital after a pan of food set on fire at his home.

The 40-year-old man required treatment for smoke inhalation after firefighters from Atherton fire station were called to Jaffrey Street in Leigh at around 4am this morning, Saturday.

The man was outside the property when they arrived but was taken to hospital by paramedics as a precaution.

The crew extinguished the fire, which was said to be small but had caused damage to the cooker and left the ground floor smoke logged.

The man was not thought to have been intoxicated and it is unclear whether he had fallen asleep while cooking.