Heat from gas fire starts living room blaze

Fire service
Fire service
Share this article

Firefighters were called after heat from a gas fire started a blaze in a living room.

Crews from Atherton station were called to an address on Gadbury Fold at around 7.45pm on Saturday.

The firefighters found conducted heat had started a small fire behind the unit, causing damage to the back of the surround.

The crews quickly extinguished the flames and prevented any fire damage spreading beyond the surround. There was no smoke damage.

The residents in the detached house got out of the property after smelling smoke and hearing some crackling behind the fire and were completely unhurt in the incident.

Firefighters were at the scene for around 40 minutes.