Fire kills five chickens

Share this article

A CHICKEN coop and a large amount of wood was destroyed when a resident lit a fire in an oil drum.

Atherton and Leigh fire crews attended the garden blaze on Everest Road, Atherton at about 6.30pm on Friday.

The fire destroyed all the wood and five chickens died.

A spokesman said: “Be careful not to store excessive amounts of wood near to your property and to always make sure anything you do burn, is out properly.”

For more advice on fire safety, residents should call 0800 555 815.