Bin fire praise

Share this article

AN Atherton business was praised by fire crews for conducting good practice in the storage of its bins.

A fire crew was called to Bolton Granite, Wigan Road, Atherton just after 9.30pm on Thursday evening following reports that a bin was on fire.

When they arrived they found a large commercial bin on fire inside the company’s secure yard.

It is believed that youths had broken into the yard and set fire to the bin, but because they were kept away from the building the blaze was contained just to the bin.

A spokesman for Atherton Fire Station said: “Keeping bins away from buildings is very good practice and should be followed by everybody.”