Leigh Centurions begin their preparation for 2013 in earnest next Sunday when they take in Wigan Warriors at the Leigh Sports Village.
It’s the first of three stiff warm-up matches for Paul Rowley’s side and the Leigh coach is determined to get the new year off with a bang.
“We all know how good Wigan are and the quality of players they can bring to any game, but we are determined to front up and give it our very best,” he said. “I will field our strongest possible side as I want to use this match for our team to get used to playing alongside each other.”
Leigh’s game against Salford City Reds has been rearranged for Sunday, January 13, ko 3pm,and the following week Leigh will play Swinton.
A fun New Year quiz for Leigh Centurions fans (answers next week).
1) Where will Leigh start their 2013 Championship campaign?
2) Who dropped a Golden Point Drop Goal for Leigh against Halifax in last year’s Challenge Cup tie?
3) With which amateur club did Ryan Brierley start his rugby league journey?
4) New Leigh signing Simon Finnigan has come to Leigh from which club?
5) Which former Leigh players won a Challenge Cup winners medal in 2012?
6) Which local singer did Bob Beswick marry this year?
7) Leigh beat the same team in April twice - name the team.
8) Name Leigh’s youngest ever first team debutant
9) Who is Leigh’s oldest current player?
10) Which player scored a hat-trick on his senior debut for Leigh in 2012?
11) At which ground did Leigh play Gateshead Thunder in 2012?
12) Which team did Leigh defeat in the Anglo French Challenge?
13) Who holds the record for most Leigh career points?
14) Name Leigh’s assistant coach
15) Which local company was Leigh’s main shirt sponsor in 2012?
16) Who was Leigh’s top points scorer in 2012?
17) Which former Leigh player returned to the club on loan from Castleford in 2012?
18) Leigh made it to the quarter finals of the Challenge Cup by beating which three teams?
19) Which former Leigh player starred for Hull in 2012?
20) Former Leigh winger Dean McGilvray recently joined which club?