A LOCAL magistrate is continuing his personal challenge of completing 30 challenges, marking his big 30th birthday.
Thirty-year-old Andy Gregory, head of PSHE and Citizenship at Westleigh High School, is recovering after a hectic 12-month run-up to his birthday spending 30 days as a vegetarian or taking part in a cross-country bike race are just two of the tasks he faced in a bid to raise £15,000 to set up a school fund to send Westleigh students on expeditions abroad.
On his completed list at the moment is:
• ‘Le Terrier Sportive’ cycling event (71 miles, 8,500 ft of climbing)
• Sandstone Trail Challenge (33 mile run)
• scuba dive
•an MSc dissertation
• helped Westleigh High to gain the Bronze and Silver Eco Schools Awards
• trekked through the jungle
• volunteered as a school governor
• completed an Olympic distance triathlon
• cycled to work instead of driving
• 30 days of nothing but cold showers
Throughout it all, Andy has been supported by his girlfriend, Sandra Mackillop.
Money raised will go towards equipment to establish a Duke of Edinburgh Award group within the school and donations should be made payable to Westleigh High School. To see the full list visit www.challenges30.com.