Hospital gas leak

0
Have your say

TWO men were rescued by firefighters after they were stuck on a hospital roof in Leigh.

The two contractors were working on the roof of Hanover House, a disused building belonging to Leigh Infirmary, when they cut a pipe in the refrigeration unit at 11.20am on Thursday.

The burst pipe released refrigerant gas into the atmosphere, which acted as an irritant and asphyxiant.

Fire crews from Leigh rescued the two men from the roof by using an aerial appliance and they put a cordon in place as a precaution until the gas disappeared.

Crews were at the scene for three hours.

No-one was injured.