Man admits sex attack on boy, 12

0
Have your say

A YOUNG man who seriously sexually abused a 12-year-old boy has been put behind bars.

Andrew Richards filmed some of the incident on his mobile phone and a court heard that this led to his undoing.

Richards, 20, of Tinkersfield, Leigh, who had pleaded guilt to assault by penetration and two offences of making indecent images of the boy, was sentenced to three years detention.

Liverpool Crown Court heard that Richards, who has a reading age of 10 and comprehension age of 14, had known the boy for about five years and on October 8 last year they met by chance on the street.

Richards invited him home and they went up to his bedroom where he undressed the boy and they engaged in sexual activity some of which he filmed on his mobile phone, said Harry Pepper, prosecuting. He then sexually assaulted him.

But on October 17 Richards had been at a friend’s house with their respective girlfriends and when he left to walk his girlfriend home he left his mobile phone behind.

In his absence, the couple “being nosey” started looking at it and find two pictures of a naked boy and further examination revealed the video of the victim that Richards had taken.

Paul Becker, defending, said that Richards had no previous convictions.

Judge Mark Brown ordered Richards to sign the Sex Offenders Register for life.